Back to District Info List
Parents Right to Know
Dear Parent or Guardian:
Our district is required to inform you of certain information that you, according to The No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (Public Law 107-110), have the right to know.
Upon your request, our district is required to provide to you in a timely manner, the following information:
• Whether the teacher has met state qualification and licensing criteria for
the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
• Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional
status through which state qualification or licensing criteria have been waived.
• Whether your child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so,
• What baccalaureate degree major the teacher has and any other graduate
certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the
In addition to the information that parents may request, districts must provide to each individual parent –
• Information on the achievement level of the parent’s child in each of the
state academic assessments as required under this part; and
• Timely notice that the parent’s child has been assigned, or has been
taught for four or more consecutive weeks by, a teacher who is not highly